Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 9 THE Question

Mark 8:27-29

(I believe asking questions, inquiring about matters and wanting to learn from questioning and inquiring is an excellent trait.)

A Noble prizewinner was asked how and why he became a scientist. He did not talk anything sublime. Nor did he talk about scientific curiosity or a discovery that led him to love science. His reply was simple  ‘Every day after school my mother would talk to me about my school day. She wasn't so much interested in what I learned, but she always inquired, "Did you ask a good question today? Asking questions made me become a scientist." 

The Boston Globe has column that answers readers’ questions and inquiries. So one day they published their top ten unanswerable questions. Here is one of the ten, "I am nine years of age and have a cat that needs to go on a diet, but he eats mice when he is outside. How many calories in a mouse?”

The 9 year olds question might be unanswerable but there is a question that needs to be answered by you and it is THE question to answer. It is the same question Jesus asked his disciples in Mark 8:29 and Matthew 16:15 ...who do you say that I am? 

So how would you answer if Jesus came to you right now and asked you ‘ ___________ (your name here) who do you say that I am?’ Please think about it.  

God the Holy Spirit, teach me about Jesus and convict my heart to repent and to look up to Him. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment