Wednesday, April 1, 2015

DAY 37 I DON’T KNOW HOW, BUT MY DADDY WILL TAKE CARE OF IT (OR) “GRACE, MERCY, AND PEACE FROM ...” Part 3

1 Timothy 1:2 & PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7

In both of his epistles, Peter greets his readers  May grace and peace be multiplied to you...” Paul begins most of epistles with “Grace to you and peace from...” Coming to his two epistles to Timothy, Paul’s greeting is “Grace, mercy, and peace from...”.

In the last two posts I wrote briefly about grace and mercy. Today we will look at ‘true peace’. True peace is not absence of violence or conflict. Nor is it this type of peace -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ZOWwW2agQ. Many say peace is tranquility, serenity etc., but they talk mostly about superficial peace. 

True peace is peace that comes from God our Father. Paul talks about this in Philippians 4. Paul first tells us not to be anxious, but pray to God.  And then he says something astounding The peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.(v.7)”

So what is this peace? Let me explain this way. Think about the time when you were young. You always had confidence that your father will take of matters remember? In the same way the ‘peace which passes all understanding’ will give you the faith that - come what may – your Abba, Father will take care of everything. Yes peace – shalom- is peace that God will speak to his people, to his saints (Psalm 85:8). It is a peace that comes from being in the relationship with God through Jesus.  It is a peace that is gift from Jesus – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”(John 14:27)

So the next time your heart is troubled, and when you are afraid – just remember who you are – a child of the one and only God. And tell/remind yourself – My Abba, my Father will take care of it.   


Thank You Jesus for giving me your peace. Aid me to remember that and cling to You. Also, equip me to live in peace with my brother and my sister. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment