Friday, February 19, 2016

Boldly tell the world …………….! Day 9

Love is all you need.

If you love me, you will keep my commandments. John 14:15

Pastor Tony Campolo wrote about an incident that moved him deeply at a Christian Camp for Junior High boys. While it was a Christian camp, some of the campers were not Christian and their behavior was not Christian. The worst part of their behavior was evidenced by the way these non-Christians treated a boy with spastic paralysis. And the Christians joined in ridiculing the boy too.  Whenever the boy talked or asked a question, the boys would intentionally answer the way the boy spoke, mimicking him and mocking him. 

One day the tormentors plotted and told the spastic boy that he would lead the night’s devotions and of course, they planned to make fun of him. The boy agreed and come devotion time, he stood up and with extreme difficulty in his slurred, halting words said “ Jesus loves me and I love Jesus.” And then he sat down.

No one, including the boy’s tormentors, laughed- and after a brief silence, some of the campers started crying.

So Dear Brother and Sister in Christ, I ask you - do you know that Jesus truly loves you and suffered and died for you?  Many times you and I focus on fellow Christian/sinner’s actions and we assume that Jesus does not love us. Forget about others in your church, in your milieu etc. Focus on Jesus and His Word and learn to love and trust Him. And with all the assurance that He gives you through His Spirit boldly tell the world “Jesus loves me and I love Jesus!” Tell the world that Jesus is the lover of your soul, He is your only Way and refuge, and He is the one who provides all of your needs.

Enjoy this Charles Wesley classic * - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_Ao0tQCA0

Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.” John 15:23

Dear Jesus, I love you because You first loved me. Help me to abide in You and Your Word. Amen. 


* It is said that Charles Wesley wrote this hymn after escaping an angry mob that opposed his ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment