Saturday, February 13, 2016

_______, My child, come/turn to Me. Day 4

Repentance 3

Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

There are four major tennis tournaments – the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. Winning a major is considered a great achievement and as of today only two men and three women have won all four majors in the same year- and that is called a Grand Slam.

Golf also has four majors – the Masters, the US Open, the British Open and the PGA. There has never been a golf Grand Slam but Jack Nicklaus has won the most majors-18. For that reason, Jack Nicklaus is considered the greatest golfer that ever played the game. However one day, to the surprise of many, Jack took a month off from golf. He did that to correct a part of his game. He tried and tried himself but could not correct the flaw. So he went back to the first coach that taught him the game and the flaw was corrected. And Jack went on to win more majors.

Dear Brother and Sister and Christ, coming to repentance I asked (day 3) when a sinner ‘repents’ of his sin, is it true repentance if he turns to another sin?  Of course the answer is NO. True repentance is turning to the God and the Cross. So what are we do when we repent?  Turn away from the sin and turn to Christ.   And God in all His Mercy and Grace will welcome us like the Prodigal’s father.

So let’s turn and return to God, joyful that He will lead us to himself through Jesus.

Merciful Father, I realize that whenever I sin I grieve you. Equip me to turn from my sin. Also, teach me to be like a child, to run to you and to trust and obey You. In Jesus name, Amen. 

P.S. Please try the following: On a piece of paper write -          _______, My child, turn to Me.

                                                    and  _______, My child, come to Me.
Write your name on both blanks (remember our God knows you by YOUR name) and reflect on the two sentences. Grace and Peace!
Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. Isaiah 45:22

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment