Saturday, February 24, 2018

Grace Day 10


Here is another great illustration on grace. It is by pastor Chuck Swindoll (all his words)–

 I vividly remember the last spanking I ever received. Having just broken into the sophisticated ranks of the teen world, I thought I was something on a stick. My father wasn’t nearly as impressed as I was with my great importance and new-found independence. I was lying on my bed. He was outside the window on a muggy October afternoon in Houston, TX, weeding the garden. He said, ‘Charles, come out and help me weed the garden.’ I said something like, ‘No, it’s my birthday, remember?’ My tone was sassy and my deliberate lack of respect was eloquent. I knew better than to disobey my dad, but after all, I was the ripe old age of thirteen. Dad set a new 100-meter record that autumn afternoon. He was in the house in a flash and all over me like white on rice, spanking me all the way out to the garden. As I recall, I weeded until the moonlight was shining on the pansies. That same night he took me out to a surprise dinner. He gave me what I deserved earlier. Later he gave me what I did not deserve.  The birthday dinner was grace.

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, next week I intend to write more on grace.

Meanwhile, here are a few texts about God’s grace- Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 2:11-14; 2 Corinthians 8:9; Hebrews 2:9; John 1:16-17; Ephesians 4:7; 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17. Please read them.   

God keep me safe in you love this coming weekend, and teach me through your word and your servants.  In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment