Monday, February 19, 2018

Words that move us … Day 5


Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, are there any verses, scriptures, and stories that make you pause, think, or become emotional or contemplative? I am always moved by Joseph’s words that comfort his brothers after Jacob’s death (Genesis 50:15-21 subtitled “God's Good Purposes”(ESV)). I also am struck by the f(F)ather’s running, actions and love for the prodigal (Luke 15:11-24). Please reply with any scriptures that move you every time you read them.

There is one other group of verses, every time I read them, which make me pause and think about God, His character and His love for us sinners all the time. Paul calls it a trustworthy saying (2 Timothy 2:11-13). If I were to write these verses, the sinner in me, would write, 13 if we are faithless, he will also be faithless”. But that would be a human (2 Timothy 3:2-5) intent on teaching religion, self-righteousness and scaring people. Peter, the sinner, denied Jesus - did Jesus abandon Peter? 


We say our God is love - but do we really understand His love for us?


Dear Jesus, thank you for being with me and for me even when I walk away from you. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming,
    “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God,
    slow to anger,
    abounding in love and faithfulness,
    maintaining love to thousands,
    and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.
    Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished;
    he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.” Exodus 34:6-7 (NIV)

    ReplyDelete