Wednesday, March 4, 2015

DAY 13 2x2 Jehovah Shammah (God is there) and Jehovah Azar (The Lord my Helper) 2x2

Psalm 121


In the video above we see Derek Redmond, a sprinter for Great Britain, and his father Jim Redmond. The event was the 400 meter semi-final that took place on August 3, 1992 at the Olympic Games in Barcelona, Spain. Derek trained years for the opportunity to win the gold.   About 250 yards from finish Derek tore his hamstring and fell down. He tried to run but was hobbling.  Jim joined him and both father and son crossed the finish line.  

You and I run the race (Hebrews 12:1) but many times we are hobbled by sin and circumstances and we feel we are alone. But then comes our Father and He helps us. He is not far away. He is not like other gods who fall asleep. Our God ‘neither slumbers nor sleeps.’(Psalm 121:4) He is the God who is watching us. He tells us  I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” (Psalm 32:8).   As Isaiah teaches –
 28 Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
 the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
30 Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40)

So let us always be thankful that God is with us as always and He is our helper.

Abba, Father! I thank you for blessing  me with your Spirit as I run the race. In Jesus’ name I thank. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment