Friday, March 20, 2015

DAY 27 THE TRUE LIGHT (NO. 2) - MADE YOU A LIGHT!

Matthew 5:14-16

According to Apostle John, man lives either in darkness or light. Darkness represents death, while light represents life. Man is walking (Isaiah 9:2) and sitting (Luke 1:79) in darkness but is “called… out of darkness into His marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9). However, men love “the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.” (John 3:19).

Now John the Baptist  “came as a witness, to bear witness about the light” (John 1:7) and Jesus is the life-giving light so that we “will have the light of life.”(John 8:12)

A story is told of a man who fell in a cavern at Yellowstone National Park. He was stuck in the cavern and could not get out. He had no water or food and was in almost total darkness. A few days later, someone heard his faint cries for help and summoning others rescued the man.  Later the man was asked how he survived in total darkness. He replied “there was a very small ray of light that I could see above me, so I just kept my focus on that ray of light.”  

Many so-called Christians and non-Christians are like the man in the cavern. The non-Christians are in darkness, because they do not know Jesus.  The nominal Christians are in darkness because they have not cast off the works of darkness “ (Romans 13:12). You and I have to teach them about Jesus.  But before we teach others let’s ask and examine ourselves -
Where am I NOW - in Darkness or Light?
Where do I walk NOW - in Darkness or Light?
Where will I spend eternity - in Darkness or Light?

So “let your light shine before others, so that people may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”(Matthew 5:16).


Dear Lord Jesus I thank you that you have shined your light and saved me from darkness and you have turned me into a light. Help me use my light so that others will come to know you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment