Saturday, March 11, 2017

What shall I render ……….. Day 10

Please read Psalm 50

You must have faced this situation- you have to buy a gift for one of your friends or family members who is rich and has everything. Maybe you spent hours thinking and looking for the unique and perfect gift to impress the rich person. Finally you find the ‘perfect gift’, buy it, and then have it beautifully gift-wrapped. And then, after all the money and effort the rich person does not even acknowledge your gift.

Coming to all of us, we know David’s wonderful Psalm 23. The next psalm begins The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein,..”(Psalm 24:1). In Genesis 14:19 we are taught that “God Most High” is the “Possessor of heaven and earth”. God himself says,  “… all the earth is mine…”(Exodus 19:5). Paul tells us, You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). That is the truth – God owns everything – so the question is, what can you and I give to God Who has everything? 

When we read the first six verses of Psalm 50, we encounter “God the LORD” (v. 1) who “shines”(v.2). He, your God and my God, speaks and summons”(v.1) His “faithful ones”(v. 5).  Then in verses 7 to 13, God tells us, whatever we offer Him is His own. Even our tithes and offerings are His. So what are we do? The Psalmist wonders the same 12 What shall I render to the Lord for all his benefits to me?” (Psalm 116:12).

In Psalm 50, God Himself answers the question(s). God calls us to 14 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High,” and then He teaches us 15 call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

So dear brother and sister in Christ, let us ask ourselves - do you and I fervently thank God for all that he has done for us? Do we give God the glory for all of our good works (Matthew 5:16)? Do we thank Jesus for being our Gospel? Many times we forget to thank Him but God’s message is simple – offer yourselves with a humbled and thankful heart.

Enjoy this song before prayer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeJFA23tPJo

Heavenly Father: I am yours and all that I possess comes from you. But many times I fail to remember and acknowledge that truth. And when I plead for your mercy, grace, and provision, I neither thank you nor glorify you for answering my prayers. Please forgive me for the sake Jesus and give me a grateful heart to praise, worship and honor You. Amen.

Couple of interesting articles
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sboyd/2014/12/07/8-gifts-for-someone-who-has-got-it-all/#10c9ff5b29db

1 comment: